Texas Scooter Accident Lawyers
Receive Compensation for Your Injuries
Electric scooters have become extremely popular in recent years, giving people a fun way to commute to work and cruise around their community. Yet the rise of e-scooters has not been without complications. These devices can be extremely hazardous for riders and pedestrians alike if not handled in a safe manner. Keep reading to learn what you need to know about electric scooters, and make sure to call our Texas scooter accident lawyers at Zambrano Law Firm if you or someone you know has recently been injured.
What Causes Electric Scooter Accidents?
- Not reading the manual: If you purchase an electric scooter for business or pleasure, it is essential to read the manual. Even if you have operated one of these devices before, there may be details you don’t know about, which if neglected can cause crashes or accidents.
- Not practicing before taking it out on the road: Again, even if you have ridden an e-scooter before, it is important to test yours out before taking it on the street. This will ensure you are prepared to use the device in a way that is safe for yourself and others.
- Not storing it in a safe spot: Failing to store your scooter in a safe place can cause it to break down quicker. If you leave your scooter in the middle of the street, not only could it get stolen or destroyed, but someone could trip over or crash into it. Leaving your e-scooter out in the open is also a bad idea because it may be affected by the rain and the heat, leading it to malfunction. This brings us to…
- Riding your scooter in bad weather: Riding a scooter through rain or snow may make you more likely to slide into a car or pedestrian, causing an accident which you would be held liable for.
- Double-riding: Double-riding, i.e. more than one person riding on a scooter at once, is extremely dangerous. Not only is this a hazard for you and your friends, but can also double the damage in a collision with pedestrians.
- Riding on the sidewalk: Many cities have ordinances specifically preventing scooter operators from riding on the sidewalk. This is because you are far less likely to hit a pedestrian while riding in the street.
- Failing to charge the battery: The last thing you want is for your scooter to die in the middle of the road, leading to a crash that injures you/those around you. Always make sure your scooter’s battery is fully charged before you leave the house with it.
Hire an Attorney to Protect Yourself from E-Scooter Accidents Today
If you are a scooter owner, you should also purchase insurance and wear protective gear at all times. This 1) can help shield you somewhat from liability in the event of a collision, and 2) keep your body safe, even if pedestrians and cars around you are being unsafe.
Finally, if you or someone you know has been injured in a scooter accident, call Zambrano Law Firm. Our Texas electric scooter accident attorneys represent drivers and pedestrians who have been injured by scooter riders and scooter riders who have been injured by drivers and pedestrians. We know that riding an e-scooter is fun, but there’s nothing fun about accidents. Protect yourself out there, and if you do get hurt, hire a team of experienced Texas attorneys known for getting results.
Hold negligent scooter riders responsible for their actions! Call (956) 627-0908 to schedule your free consultation today.
Everyone was nice and helpful and always answered the questions I had. Zambrano Law Firm worked hard to get the compensation that I received. The chiropractor they recommended helped us feel better quickly.- Andramar S.
Zambrano Law Firm staff were great and professional. I was incredibly satisfied with their representation of my case. I highly recommend them for your injury and legal needs.- David S.
The office staff kept me in the loop about the process of my case. I believed everyone at Zambrano Law Firm works hard to get the most compensation for their clients. They always followed up with me and they have an excellent work ethic. The chiropractor they recommended for me was also excellent and I was very satisfied.- Erika C.
The employees were very nice and easy to contact. I was very satisfied with their help because they were good at making me feel comfortable.- Alexa M.